Welcome to Environment Guide
Kansas Department Of Health And Environment Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
Green Environment: Improving Your Environmentfrom: Living in a green environment is possible. It does not have to be expensive to create and it does not have to take away from the quality of life you have now. In fact, many people find that once they make some simple changes to their life they can live a life they are more proud. You do not have to make any changes drastically either. Green environment living happens slowly, at a speed you are comfortable with. What is important is that you do take the time to make small changes so that big results on a planet-sized scale can be seen.
Making Small Decisions For A Green Environment
Where can you make changes to improve the environment you are living in? Here are several small things you can do to improve your green environment.
• Invest in an extra garbage can to place soda cans in for recycling. Simply empty the bag when it gets full and drop off at your local fire station or recycling bin.
• Change out the light bulbs you are currently using to florescent bulbs, which use less energy and they last for years (this is a huge cost savings for most people!)
• Place a box in your den for newspaper. Drop in junk mail, newspapers and magazines once you are done with them. Drop them off at the local recycling bin once every few weeks.
• Keep your car's maintenance up. Not only will this improve the car's performance for you, it will also improve your gas mileage giving you more fuel for the same amount of money and in turn cutting down your dependence on oil.
• Turn off the TV for a full day each week. Do things with the family instead. Activities like sports, playing at the park or just spending time together with some board games will bring families together and it cuts down on electricity use.
• Raise your air conditioning thermostat by 2 degrees or lower the heating thermostat by 2 degrees to see a large difference in your energy bills and to help lessen your dependency.
• Start a garden and grow your own, organic vegetables. You will save money from the garden and you will reduce your dependency on trucked in foods with pesticides. Do not have room for a garden? Use pots on a deck.
As you can see, a green environment is very possible and very easy to do. You do not have to do many big things to see big results. Green environment changes like this are just the start of all you can do to improve your quality of life.
Warning: file() [function.file]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home4/marcilio/public_html/sustainable/environment/datas/searchfeed.php on line 8
Warning: file(http://www.searchfeed.com/rd/feed/TextFeed.jsp?trackID=J3730476078&pID=marcilio&cat=kansas+department+of+health+and+environment&nl=5&page=1&excID=) [function.file]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home4/marcilio/public_html/sustainable/environment/datas/searchfeed.php on line 8
Kansas Department Of Health And Environment Specific links
Kansas Department Of Health And Environment News
Hutchinson woman says she's the second West Nile case in Kansas - KWCH
Hutchinson woman says she's the second West Nile case in Kansas
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment reported the first case of the West Nile Virus in Kansas Tuesday. According to KDHE, the case is in Republic County. But a Hutchinson woman told Eyewitness News she should be counted too since the ...
Kansas reports first confirmed West Nile case of 2014
KDHE announces first report of West Nile virus in Kansas this year
Kansas reports its first case of West Nile virus
Officials: Bel Aire foster home under investigation after baby not in foster ... - Kansas.com
Officials: Bel Aire foster home under investigation after baby not in foster ...
An official with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment said the agency is conducting an investigation of the death because it involves a foster home. Once the investigation is completed, the department will determine whether to take any ...
Davis advocates thorough exam of KanCare - KHI News Service
Davis advocates thorough exam of KanCare
KHI News Service
The Brownback campaign referred questions to the Kansas Department for Health and Environment, which administers the KanCare contracts for the three managed care companies: Amerigroup, Sunflower State Health Plan and United HealthCare.
Davis criticizes KanCare payment delays
Kansas city includes e-cigarettes in smoking ban - Pratt Tribune
Kansas city includes e-cigarettes in smoking ban
Dr. Robert Moser, director of the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, isn't convinced that e-cigarettes improve smokers' chances of quitting, according to the KHI. He worries that normalizing their use could lead young people to take up the ...
Bruffett confirmed as KDADS chief - KHI News Service
Bruffett confirmed as KDADS chief
KHI News Service
"To me, outcomes really meant, broadly, health and well-being." Bruffett replaces Shawn Sullivan, who is now the state budget director. She had been director of the Kansas Department of Health and Environment's Division of Health Care Finance. Sen.